Who are we?
Formally We are Interdisciplinary Division for Energy Analyses (IDEA), which is a part of the National Center for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), which is an R&D institute, with all the benefits resulting from the state's position. Despite being a division of the NCBJ we are a highly autonomous and successfully connect research with business. We work for energy sector, European transmission system operators and organisations such as AXA or ENTSO-E.
We create complete IT solutions and mathematical models that help our clients make better decisions and predict what will happen in future. At work we use classic optimization techniques, artificial intelligence methods, ML techniques, market models, high performance computing (HPC) programming techniques and power systems engineering. We successfully connect research and engineering with business, by developing state of the art technologies that bring value.
Some examples of projects are:
- stochastic optimisation of the power grid development planning - complete IT solution that finds out optimal schedule for further development of Polish Grid based on 2 bln decision variables with 3 bln constraints
- stochastic line outage cost estimation tool
- unscheduled power flow prediction tool
- web based european grid visualisation application
- more on: https://idea.edu.pl/projects/
What we offer:
- work in flat-structured 20 people team focused on innovative, state of the art solutions
- startup and creative atmosphere
- good learning environment
- good working atmosphere, weekly workshops, fresh fruits and snacks, cosy garden
- remote work: 1 per week (to discuse)
- UoP with salary 9 000 PLN - 13 000 PLN gross.
- good knowledge of Java with functional programming skills
- familiarity with good programming practices and design patterns. We expect that you can create well tested and clean code
- experience with Spring, IoC containers, ORM frameworks
- experience with open source SQL databases
- experience with frontend technologies and frameworks like ReactJS
- good theoretical basis. Understanding how tools work under the hood
- good knowledge of Linux
- familiarity with parallel processing techniques.
- 2+ years of experience in the field
- experience with other JVM languages like Koltin, Scala, Groovy
- experience with Python
- experience with CI/CD
- versatile flexible developers
- passion and thirst for knowledge
- contribution to open source projects
- sharing knowledge culture.
You will help us in:
- understanding needs, finding tools and create first prototypes
- architecting and developing web based production grade systems
- speeding up processing by parallelizing computation and improving overall
- performance of applications
- building UI that visualize result in clear, elegant way
- automating processes.