We are currently looking for an Associate to join our Corporate/ M&A Team
To sustain our growth, we at Allen & Overy Warsaw are currently looking for an Associate to join our Corporate practice group in Warsaw.
- Drafting standard corporate documents without the supervision of a senior lawyer;
- Preparing first drafts of legal opinions with limited supervision of a senior lawyer;
- Preparing initial drafts of more advanced transaction documents such as side letters, amendments to agreements, drafts of standard commercial agreements and simplified SPAs;
- Preparing due diligence report input without significant supervision from senior associates;
- Individually manage basic corporate processes and maintain clear communication with clients regarding such processes (ie registrations before the National Court Register);
- Supporting PSL with preparing basic corporate SFPs and legal training programmes for other team members;
- Supporting senior associates in all other activities and tasks typical for various types of M&A transactions.
- Three to five years’ experience in a recognised Corporate and M&A practice;
- Advanced knowledge and use of Polish law regulations applicable to various types of M&A transactions;
- Ability to prepare due diligence investigations for different types of targets;
- Knowledge of standard clauses and contracts used in M&A transactions;
- Interest in business and the M&A market in Poland;
- BD skills: preparing client seminars, presentations, legal alerts and market updates;
- Time management skills;
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of legal English and legal drafting;
- Motivation to learn and ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment.
What we can offer
- You will be a part of a well-integrated team that works on high profile Polish and international cases;
- A dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a leading international law firm;
- You will be a part of a dynamic team, closely involved in both cross-departmental and cross-border transactions and cases, backed up by regular team meetings which enable the team to share relevant experience in an efficient way;
- We offer dedicated local and global training programmes and also local coaching and development programmes;
- Career progression and an attractive financial package.