- Attend and board vessels as required and as directed by respective Manager, in accordance with WSS SOO and Customer Requirements.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls.
- Advice on selection of contractors for goods and services provided to principals, including submission of competitive quotations, as required.
- Ensure compliance with Ships Agency processes, standards and procedures, including correct use of the operating system (VOSS).
- Ensure proper monitoring of the vessel and attendance to any follow up enquiries.
- Ensure correct amount of pre-funding are received or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the Port Call. Same to be ensured when additional funding required prior vessel’s sailing.
- Establish and maintain vessel’s files and ensure that all transactional systems are updated real time.
- Ensure proactive, efficient and timely communication at all times.
- Report leads, business opportunities and relevant port updates observed to Manager.
- Monitor and record expenses that arises during vessels’ port call.
- Ensure Cash-in-Transit (Cash to Master) as per WSS procedure.
- Proactively follow up, check and approve supplier’s invoices.
- Ensure cost effectively Vessel Operations.
- Comply with WSS PPE Standard when working in ports/onboard vessels.
- Provide input to improve the operational and cost efficiency of the port call
This position will be measured against:
- Ensure consistent high level of accuracy of deliverables.
- Meet or exceed annual KPI’s targets for Ships Agency performance.
- Maritime background and experience from Ship Agency Operations.
- Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written).
- Process and system understanding.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Proactive and possesses ability to anticipate issue to facilitate preventive measures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement.
- Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel.
- Good motivator and team leadership skills.
- Familiar with Port & local Authorities regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
- Computer literate.
What we can offer you:
- Participation in department and process development
- Private medical care – Medicover premium package
- Group life insurance
- Medicover Sport card
- Vacation allowance
- Pre-paid cards
- Full introduction to work (your colleagues will make sure that you feel confident and comfortable doing your daily tasks)
- Work life balance culture and wellbeing initiatives – your comfort is important to us
- Participation in training in both soft and specialist skills, which will support your personal and professional development
- Fruits and vegetables days
- Work in an international environment