We are looking for passionate Software Engineer to enhance our team working on the GOG Galaxy gaming platform. Join us and build an innovative, cross-platform desktop application that targets the goal “All your games and friends in one place”. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other AAA game developers on delivering best online gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Shape and develop ambitious features for GOG Galaxy, combining networking, gameplay and community, experienced by millions of gamers.
- Develop and own major features in the GOG Galaxy SDK.
- Implement scalable solutions, performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM methodology and mentor team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Support developers creating new games in different technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- Proficiency in C++ (at least C++11) with proven years of experience
- Basic python knowledge
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.) and C++ best practices
- Basic experience with Linux administration
- Good knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets)
- Understanding of network and server security issues
- Good understanding of the client-server architecture
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities
Nice to have:
- Experience in programming for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Experience in programming on gaming consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo)
- Experience with creating cross-platform software
- Knowledge of as many of the following as possible: multiplayer services in games, NAT busting, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP, code optimization, networking performance measurements
- Experience with game engines: Unity3D, Unreal Engine, godot etc
- Experience with any of the following tools: conan, Jenkins, gitlab, kubernetes
- Experience in developing desktop applications on various platforms
- Experience with multithreaded programming, understanding of related issues and potential pitfalls.
- Good problem solving skills
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts
- Access to health care and sports activity packages
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from HR throughout the whole process
- Polish lessons should you need them
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games