We are Tagvenue - one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplaces for venue hire with over 8,000 event spaces listed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Canada, USA and Singapore. In 2020, we launched a new product - Tagvenue Virtual - a video platform that provides a variety of interactive games that can be played by remote teams. Currently, we are mostly focusing on US expansion, aiming at becoming one of the most recognizable companies in the US Events Industry.
Our main office in Kraków, Poland is a multicultural hub focused on constant development.
Currently, we’re hiring a Junior Finance Specialist to join our Finance Team, working together with an experienced Head of Finance and 2 other team members, collaborating with our Founders and Operations Teams.
Location: Working 100% remotely anywhere from Europe
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, your main responsibility will be to work on and improve our Stripe Connect feature - a new, online payment possibility that we launched on our platform in 2021. You will also support daily operations and other projects within the Finance & Accounting domain at Tagvenue. You will have a chance to build your finance expertise for foreign markets (UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada, USA, Singapore) as well as to broaden your knowledge about taxation rules, managerial accounting and accounts receivables.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling daily tasks related to our Stripe Connect feature (i.e. payouts, refunds, customer support) as well as improving the online payment process from a financial perspective (working closely with the Product Team)
- Supporting processes in the Accounts Receivable area (e.g. processing invoices and credit notes)
- Monitoring the company's cash flow by collecting payments
- Working closely with the Head of Finance in order to ensure tax compliance in markets where we operate
- Providing support and operational information to our partners by phone and email
- Participating in ongoing opportunities to learn about industry trends, current financial legislation, and company procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (at least C1 level)
- Experience with tasks or projects related to Finance & Accounting or a strong interest in the Finance area, proven by additional courses, certificates and other self-development initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Student or graduate of Finance and Accounting or other related major
- Passion for learning and self-development in the Finance area
- Professional approach to confidentiality
- Ability to remain calm under pressure - you prioritize and plan effectively to achieve targets and deadlines
- Great attention to detail combined with creative thinking - you can proactively propose solutions to different kinds of problems
- Flexible approach to working with different types of tasks (e.g. accounts receivable and bank reconciliation)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT TAGVENUE:
- Flexible working hours that allow you to combine work with your university schedule - a minimum of 24 hours per week is required ⏱
- Flexible employment conditions 📝
- Constant learning culture in an exciting startup environment among sharp and passionate people with unlimited book allowance to support your personal growth📚
- Opportunity for fast personal and professional growth - based on your performance, you can be quickly advanced to Finance & Accounting Specialist and then to a senior position 🚀
- A choice to work 100% remotely from anywhere in Europe or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków, Poland (located in the heart of Kazimierz) - you’ll definitely enjoy our Office Fridays with breakfast before work and pizza & beers (or juice) after! 🍕