We are Tagvenue - one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplaces for venue hire with over 10,000 event spaces listed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Canada, USA and Singapore. In 2020, we launched a new product - Tagvenue Virtual - a video platform that provides a variety of interactive games that can be played by remote teams.
Our main office in Kraków, Poland, is a multicultural hub focused on constant development. We’re currently hiring a Junior Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance Team who will be working together with an experienced Head of Finance and 3 other team members, as well as collaborating with our Founders and Operations Teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will support operations and projects within the Finance & Accounting domain at Tagvenue. You will have a chance to build your finance expertise for foreign markets (UK, Australia, Ireland, Canada, USA, Singapore). You will be able to broaden your knowledge about taxation rules (especially in the UK market), managerial accounting and accounts receivables.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting processes in the Accounts Receivable area (e.g. processing invoices and credit notes).
- Monitoring the company's cash flow by collecting payments.
- Updating financial records by handling daily bank reconciliation.
- Automating current processes and procedures in our accounting system, Xero.
- Providing support and operational information to our partners by phone and email.
- Taking care of some of the administrative tasks (e.g. internal finance operations and documentation).
- Participating in ongoing opportunities to learn about industry trends and current financial legislation
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Availability for at least 30 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (C1/C2 level)
- Strong interest in the Finance area, proven by reading books, additional courses, certificates and other self-development initiatives
- Passion for learning and self-development in the Finance area
- Strong working knowledge of Google Sheets
- Great attention to detail combined with creative thinking - you can proactively propose solutions to different kinds of problems
- Professional approach to confidentiality
- Student or graduate of Finance and Accounting or other finance-related major
- Flexible approach to working with different types of tasks (e.g. accounts receivable and bank reconciliation)
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Proficiency in Google Suite of products (Gmail, Google Doc, Google Sheets)
- Experience in using Xero accounting software
- Experience in software or tech companies
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT TAGVENUE
- Flexible working hours that allow you to combine work with your university schedule ⏱
- Flexible employment conditions 🤸♂️
- Constant learning culture among sharp and passionate people who read books, attend & speak at conferences. We also offer an unlimited book allowance to support your personal growth 📚
- Chance to gain real-life experience in a company present in 6 international markets 🌎
- Opportunity for fast personal and professional growth - based on your performance, you can be quickly advanced to the AR Specialist role and then to the AR Lead 🚀
- Cooperating with other ambitious young professionals in an exciting startup environment 🙌
- Enjoy the ride - we work hard but we know how to have fun in the process :) If you are based in Kraków, you’ll definitely enjoy our Office Fridays with breakfast before work and pizza & beers (or juice) after 🍕. Plus, as a part of the events industry, we are all about parties! We work, we achieve our goals, and we don’t forget about celebrating our successes! 🍾
- A choice to work 100% remotely from anywhere in Europe or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków, Poland (located in the heart of Kazimierz) 👩💻