- Initial responsibilities in this role are focused on the knowledge capture. It will take up to several months to transition the know-how into our Krakow center, until the actual delivery will start.
- In that time, you will have a direct exposure to the business unit or sector processes focusing on those that you will become responsible for ; you will cooperate closely with key stakeholders to shape the service model; and we encourage you to identify, design, and document improvement solutions. On top of that, you will build business relationships, and pioneer the new way of working at our Krakow center.
- Day-to-day maintenance of HR Systems to ensure 100% data integrity and confidentiality of all employee records
- Ensuring audit compliance including, starters and leavers audit, work permits, quarterly recruitment audit, PDR audits etc.
- Provide staffing support with a goal of filling open roles with qualified talents while achieving target metrics (i.e. Time-to-Accept, Time-to-Find/Hire, Hiring Manager Satisfaction scores)
- Act as a point of contact for employees and managers for all administrative queries and provision of administrative support.
- Deliver services at the defined SLAs/KPIs and drive operational efficiency and continuous improvement, ensure a consistent and high level of customer service and operational excellence
- HR Shared Services process and SLA management experience
- Service management and ticket management system experience
- Experience of using HR Management systems, e.g. Oracle, SAP, Kenexa would be beneficial
- Ability to multi-task and consistently work against the right priorities
- “Can do” attitude and a willingness for undertaking significant challenges
- Strong proven administration skills – experience within a busy HR environment
- Customer orientation
- Fluent English and Romanian
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular