Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) Role Summary – To provide comprehensive support to business teams and other areas of Accenture, which includes support on compliance with laws and internal policies, corporate matters and risk mitigation, legal research, legal judgements, corporate matters and risk mitigation, using various tools and methodologies. The individual also needs to handle responsibilities related to people and process management.
Management Level Description
- Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Requires adherence to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals.
- Interaction is with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach.
Authority: Some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
Scope: Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Very good understanding of Legal/GLN, and CORE area needs, goals, strategy, and opportunities, with very good understanding of relevant company policies.
- Enhance subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area, act as a POC and escalation point for support area, understand, suggest, and encourage process improvements in the support area, build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team.
- Supervise the management of SharePoint and communication records, ensure creation of checklists and other process documents.
- Identify and implement new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, ability to represent GLN, directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues, identify and drive trainings for the team for upskilling and professional development.
- Drive recruitment efforts for the team, provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team, effective management of direct reports and team; quick conflict resolution, provide feedback to team members and drive talent discussions for the team
- Collaborate with tech team in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones
- Commit to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
- Provide legal support to Accenture Corporate Functions and other areas on local & global legal matters, acting as Legal POC. Provide legal advice and guidance and respond to inquiries made by various internal teams such as Workplace Solutions, Marketing & Communication, HR, Corporate Citizenship, CIO, IT and business teams, among others, on their daily operation.
- Provide Legal advice and support various areas of Accenture as subject matter expert in the Compliance area, supporting with local Ethics & Compliance matters, Anticorruption, Competition Law, Regulatory, Data Privacy, Accenture’s policies, Intellectual Property, conflicts of interests and reviews of Codes of Conduct, among others. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and with Accenture global and local policies and processes. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
- Provide Legal support in the review of local & global Data Privacy initiatives. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
- Support Entity Matters operations with various tasks, including drafting of corporate documents, drafting Board of Directors’ resolutions, management of Power of Attorneys, support to PMI processes and maintaining updated databases, among others.
- Provide general legal support in different areas collaborating with other Accenture Legal teams, such as Litigation, Employment Law, Taxes, Acquisitions, Administrative Law and Contract Management, among others.
- Provide training to Accenture teams on matters related to the support to the Corporate Functions.
- Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts.
- Accenture Counsels, Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function.
Certifications and Membership:
- Compliance related global professional certification considered a plus.
- Minimum of 10 to 13 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Specialized subject matter experience, knowledge, and proficiency in generic legal in-house matters, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, compliance, legal research, etc. Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Liaising skills at multiple business and legal functions; advice and interact with senior management
- Demonstrate very good interpersonal skills, demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported, drive tasks to closure, is detail-oriented, with sound judgement, adaptable, with strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Able to work with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements, takes End-to-End responsibility of projects and teams, on function specific processes
- Good understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed, of commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals, of corporate business practices and contracting regulations
- Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, with exposure to senior management. Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Experience in managing end-to-end projects and teams on function specific processes and/or areas, worked with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, is detail-oriented, has sound judgement, is adaptable, demonstrate promptness, accuracy, and consistency with the activities supported, and drive tasks to closure, has strong time management, prioritization, organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed. Strong understanding of legal and compliance fundamentals, corporate business practices, and contracting regulations.
- Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
- Able to effectively influence senior management.
Behaviors and Attributes:
- Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout Accenture global organization.
- Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture.
- Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality.
- Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
Additional Desirable Criteria:
- Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with very strong oral and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.