Are you a finance professional with ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders and a desire to solve queries and disputes?
Do you want to join globally recognised brand in the new office in Krakow and move your career to the next level?
Then the Collections Senior Specialist with Hebrew role at Kimberly- Clark could be for you!
You shall be working with the end-customers and operational managers, with the associated country regional support functions (Sales, Credit Analysts, Internal Control) to ensure timely resolutions to common claims and disputes.
Your key responsibilities in this role:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with both Internal and External Clients, including:
- Reaching out to the end-customers in order to collect payment,
- Analysing data or information of the portfolio of end-customers, identifying the root causes of debts and open credits, implementing plans of solutions,
- Monitoring, maintaining and reconciling assigned accounts in the portfolio, proposing write-offs, focusing on maintaining low balance of debts,
- Telephone and e-mail interaction with external customers to reduce delinquency and offering support in providing financial data analysis of the accounts,
- Reporting financial data in terms of: customers who exceed the credit limit, with unearned cash discounts, top past due invoices contributors and aged debts,
- Acting as a liaison between the end-customer and other Order To Cash departments, sharing the obtained documentation for: disputes, unallocated payments and other claims.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree, ideally related to accounting and finance (asset),
- Track of record in collection or related process will be a plus,
- Demonstrable Customer Relationship Management skills,
- Problem solving and analytical decision-making skills,
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP) working knowledge, ideally SAP environment.
- Fluent English,
- Fluent Hebrew (B2/C1 level required).
You can expect:
- Possibility to growth within newly created team, participate in process transition,
- Complex training and knowledge transfer,
- An annual performance related bonus,
- Private medical cover with dental care,
- Life insurance, benefit platform,
- Safe working environment with home office solution at place.
Health, safety and wellbeing is of paramount importance here at Kimberly-Clark. Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, please therefore note that all interviews are currently only being scheduled via our online video interviewing platforms. This means we can continue to identify and hire great talent in a safe and secure manner.