About the role
We are seeking a talented BI Architect/Developer, who combines strong technical skills with an acute business awareness, and a proven ability to successfully deliver projects. You will have solid
experience in the development and delivery of BI solutions, through the full lifecycle with a good
grounding in architectural design principles. This is an exciting new and strategic role, that will be
delivering significant benefits to many areas of our business.
- Build from scratch, document, and maintain a secure BI architecture for Testronic
- Get an overview over currently available data sources and integrate them in the overall data landscape of Testronic to establish a single version of “truth”
- Analysis of current reporting issues to ensure inconsistencies are addressed by design in the new BI architecture
- Translate business requirements from vision into reporting dashboards and analytics, working closely with business stakeholders to best understand their data and reporting needs
- Consult and advice senior decision makers on suitable technical solutions to achieve data related business goals with strong linkage to cost-benefit ratio
- Dataflow Processes/Data modelling ‘As Is’/ ‘To Be’
- Design and support database querying from Excel, PowerBI etc.
- Apply and comply with company policies and procedures
- Adhere to company security procedures and escalate perceived breaches to supervisor
Typical tasks (not exhaustive)
- Draw and update business processes and data flows
- Collect, analyse, and reconcile multiple data sets from a variety of sources and integrate them into the overall data landscape
- Propose, consult on, and build alternative data collection systems
- Integrate different data streams into Testronic’s data landscape
- Assist with ad-hoc or recurring data related requests from senior stakeholders
- Build custom dashboards for various business entities with available BI tools (e.g., Power BI)
- Help with the gathering and analysis of data sets for a wide range of business needs (internal and external)
- Proven track record of independently working on BI Projects and/or in a BI structure/department
- Proven experience in the architectural design and development of a Microsoft SQL Server-based BI environment.
- In-depth understanding of RDBMS database structure principles.
- Experience of working with a variety of data sources (e.g., SQL Server, Salesforce, APIs, CSV/flat files, Excel, 3rd party APIs).
- Designing efficient ETL/ELT processes to extract, transform, and load data from multiple source systems using Azure technology stack.
- Process automation/scheduled workflows for data ingest and live dashboards.
- Understanding and experience securing PII and other sensitive data within solutions, following best practice design (Synthetic data generation, anonymization, data encryption, MFA, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English with the ability to state things persuasively for a variety of audiences, internal, business, and technical
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate proactivity in all aspects of operation
- Ability to work alone as well as a part of a team
- Hard working and honest
- Autonomy and minimum supervision
- Self-sufficient at time management, willing to work flexible hours • Appreciative of the broader picture
- Experience as a BI Architect
- Education in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics
- Background in business consulting
- Architectural certification e.g., TOGAF.
- Azure DevOps
- Azure GitHub
- Working with Power Apps and Power Automate
- API development
- Advanced MS Excel incl. VBA
- Process/Data Modelling - 'As Is'/'To Be'
- High level of agility coupled with capability to quickly develop new skills and areas of expertise
- Experience with Design thinking concepts
Testronic Labs is a world class Quality Assurance and Localization company serving the global games industry. Since its foundation in 1998, Testronic has established itself as one of the most trusted testing partners in the industry, remaining resolutely committed to quality. This commitment is the cornerstone of our success, best exemplified by our recent TIGA awards for Best QA Provider in 2019 and Best QA and Localization Service Provider in 2020.
The position you are applying for, is an office-based role. During the COVID -19 pandemic that is effecting many businesses around the world, we have taken precautions to protect our employees and families.
During this pandemic and until further notice, this role will be remote based (from your home within Poland) and you will be supplied with the relevant equipment to carry out your role. Once we have further updates, we will cascade accordingly and will return to the office once it is safe to do so!