Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for a Systems Integration Specialist. As the Fixed Networks product portfolio is getting virtualized, we as Fixed Networks Professional Services are evolving our services portfolio to support software-defined and cloud-based solutions. With this assignment, you will be responsible, for both internal and external customer projects, to support the integration, validation and implementation of new applications within an agile framework.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Work with customers, architects, solutions and integration teams to perform detailed design and integration of all parts of the solutions: access, core, external applications, multi-vendor equipment, customization and integration into customer OSS-BSS/CRM
- Gain general knowledge of Fixed Network solutions, Broadband Network, different PONs (Passive Optical Network) types implementation
- Get practical experience with using Python for WEB applications (REST API), React
- Get familiar with containerized software
- Familiarize with SDN, Homewifi solutions for Fixed Network (Nokia Altiplano Access controller, SEBA, VOLTHA, and more…), NWCC
- Intent-Based Networking
- Provide technical support for Nokia Fixed Access Equipment’s
- Diagnose and solve customer problems in lab environment
- Reproduction of customer problems in lab environment
- Be able to work in shifts (day, night, evening)
- Undertake interstate/international customer project support travels
- Engage in proactive activities to train the customer or to check on the sanity of the network
- Guarantee the highest satisfaction level of the customer through the SLA (Service Level Agreement)
Your skills and experience
- IP networking skills: IP network configuration (IP v4)
- Virtualization products: VMware
- Good Unix OS skills: operation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
It would be nice if you also had:
- GPON Domain Knowledge
- Nokia products: ISAM’s (various types), 5520 AMS, Altiplano, 5529 APC, 5529 IDM
- Good MS Office knowledge
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Have academic background about IT or Telecommunication
- Requires ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters
- Experienced in working with international teams in diverse locations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has cross-cultural knowledge and global mindset
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.